And how it will help your brand stand out on social media.
First of all, what IS community management?
It’s the process of building an authentic community among your customers, employees, and partners through various types of interactions. Done well, you will create a network with your audience in which they can connect, share, and grow.
Community management adds an element of personal touch to your business, humanizes your brand, and allows your brand personality to shine. Your business will be more present and create a more intimate relationship with your audience through these thoughtful one-on-one interactions.
Some main responsibilities of community management:
- Finding new users and answering their questions
- Replying to and engaging with current community members
- Developing your online community
Why is community management valuable and more important than ever before?
Your audience needs to know they matter, and they want to be heard. By consistently engaging with them through community management, you’re fostering communication with them and showing them you’re there. Think of this as an opportunity to create loyal customers who feel a deep commitment to your brand… as if you were a friend.
It is an opportunity to provide exceptional customer service online.
Ever been to a restaurant and have a server ignore you for a long period of time? You leave feeling uncared for. Well, this is no different online. If someone interacts with you on an online space, don’t ignore them. Make them feel like they matter and you care about what they have to say. In recent years, customers have come to expect responses and interaction from brands on social media, 83% of your audience believe they should get a reply within 24 hours or less, and 67% of consumers have engaged with a brand’s social media for customer service needs.
That’s a lot of people and a lot of exposure for a brand!
It’s also crucial that you answer any questions, comments, or concerns—this is an opportunity to provide exceptional customer service and FAST.
Community management can help build a loyal fan base.
We are all fond of the people who continuously like, comment on, and share our business’s posts. WHY? Because everyone loves a super fan. Social media platforms make it easy to identify these fans, and it is up to a business to thank them for sharing their message.
Make them feel part of your community, and they’ll happily include you as part of theirs.
It can help spark conversation and increase the reach of your content.
Monitor your social channels daily and find opportunities to address complaints, thank happy customers, and talk to people who might like your products or services. The more positive comments you and your community generate, the stronger your brand.
Engaging with your followers can result in a higher reach for your posts. Your own comments count as regular comments and serve as engagement-boosters. The sooner you reply and create more conversation in a post, the more relevant that post becomes. The algorithm will favour that post and is more likely to show up in people’s feeds.
Everyone loves a free boost!
Protect your brand’s reputation.
An essential part of community management is managing your reputation online. Keep your social profiles clear from spam and ensure that any negative comments are addressed. Avoiding hiding or deleting sensitive comments because that could be misinterpreted as a business ignoring the issue. Instead, write a well-thought-out message that your entire audience can see, outlining your stance and any steps you’ve taken to fix the problem.
However, you can hide offensive and promotional comments that are not relevant to your business.
Now that we know how valuable community management is, here is what you need to be doing on your social media channels!
- Respond to all comments. Instead of giving comments a simple “like,” respond to them. Use their name and try to personalize each message. Be authentic in your communication.
- Go to your inbox, and reply to all messages. Private messages from your audience are just as important. It could lead to a longer, more meaningful conversation, which could boost your sales and conversions.
- Respond to all shares of your content. Reward your audience for being your brand’s ambassador. They did you a favour by pushing out your post to their audience, who otherwise might not see it. Show them appreciation and continue building long-lasting relationships with them.
- Respond to all reviews. Both positive and negative – responding to reviews will boost your google rankings, build trust, and nurture relationships. Don’t shy away from the negative reviews. Handling negative reviews in a timely and professional manner can change perceptions and shed a positive light on your business.
Check out our blog post – “Your #1 Resource For Handling Customer Reviews” for some tips on how to respond to BOTH positive and negative reviews.
Community management is an important piece of a strong social media strategy and must not be taken lightly. It shows tremendous opportunity in building a loyal fan base, being a part of everyday conversations, and providing excellent customer service online.
Show your audience they matter to you and make your conversation count.